Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Smoked Vegan Feast Playshop

I am running a playshop on smoking in an urban environment with everyday equipment.  I have included a link at the end of this post to the handout I am giving my students.  I'm hoping to do a writeup on how the class goes and possibly take some pictures as I go.  We'll see.  In general I just wanted to make this available to everyone who might want to take a look.  My cooking and "recipe" construction tend to be a bit ad hoc.  These playshops have been forcing me to think about how I cook in a somewhat more structured manner.  It's a challenge, but I've enjoyed it.  Try the stuff in here out and let me know what you think.

Warning: The handout doesn't talk about controlling heat on your stove to keep the chips from going completely over the top.  I am going to be demoing in class so that's why it's not in the handout.  If you're experimenting with this, like I originally did I recommend going for very low heat at first.  It won't be enough, but it's better to slowly creep the heat up until you have a nice slow steady smoke than smoke out your whole house.

The Handouthttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1Up2xOrk8A4lcdtkVk0d7c45EAcNNf8oxN_1YreWGoMI/edit

No comments:

Post a Comment