Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Couple Awesome Drink Recipes

So I wanted to make a quick jump back to infusions.  I haven't forgotten them, I've just been scratching a different itch of late.  I thought I should go back and post the recipes that my partner developed from my infusions for the Edible Chicago Article that was published profiling my infusion work.  Here they are.  For the record they are a special kind of delicious.

Berries and Bubbles
1 ½ ounces homemade strawberry liqueur
½ ounce Disaronno (or other high-quality amaretto)
½ ounce Cointreau
2 ½ ounces champagne (or other sparkling white wine)
Pour homemade strawberry liqueur, Disaronno, and Cointreau together in a champagne flute. Pour champagne into the flute so that the total volume of the drink doubles. Drop a fresh berry or two into the drink immediately before serving.

Basil Martini
1 ounce ice-cold gin
1 ounce dry vermouth
1 ounce homemade basil liqueur
Garnish: lemon peel
Keep the bottle of gin in the freezer. Once the gin is ice-cold, mix ingredients in a shaker and pour into a martini glass over a strip of lemon peel.  Drink slowly and let the lemon mix with the basil and transform the flavor as you savor your drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment